Almost every home has a gutter system–and if it doesn’t, it should. Your gutters play an important part when it comes to preventing water damage. Without properly maintained gutters, you could end up spending thousands of dollars in repairs. Investing in a high-quality gutter system is well worth it.
The Importance of a Good Gutter System
The purpose of your gutter system is to collect the rainwater that rolls down your roof and to disperse it away from your home via the gutter system’s downspouts.Here are a few reasons why your gutter system is so important to your home:
- Prevent water leaks – Without a good gutter system, rainwater will slide right down the edge of your roof. When this happens, it will hit the exterior of your home, where it can leak in through the siding or through the windows. While a good gutter system will help prevent this from happening, a poor quality gutter system can spring leaks at its seams or in the holes through which the gutters are nailed or screwed to the roof.
- Prevent water damage – When water leaks through the roof or exterior of your home, it can cause water damage. It can also leak in through the foundation of your home and cause extensive damage there–especially if the foundation experiences water damage. Repairing foundation damage can be expensive.
- Prevent erosion – Without your gutters, rainwater will collect on the ground right by your home’s foundation. Not only can this cause foundation damage, but it can result in erosion as well.
Types of Gutter Systems
Not only do you need to have a gutter system installed, but you also need to make sure you have a gutter system that will withstand damage over the long term. The following are some of the higher quality gutter systems that we recommend installing to help protect your home from potential water leaks and water damage:
- Straight face gutters – Straight face gutters are available in a custom six-inch seamless profile. A lack of seams is an important feature that prevents leaks from occurring as a result of a separation between the seams. Straight face gutters are not only effective, but they are also aesthetically pleasing as well, especially for more modern homes that use more angular lines in their architectural design. There are 30 color choices to choose from, including some in premium grade, as well.
- OGEE gutters – OGEE gutters are also seamless, which means that like our straight face gutters, you won’t have to worry about them springing leaks. The main difference between our OGEE gutters and our straight face gutters is the visual design. Whereas straight face gutters are more angular, OGEE gutters are curved. The term OGEE refers to any architectural design that uses a double curve with an elongated “S” shape. The same color choices are available for our OGEE gutters.
- Half round gutters – Half round gutters are more suitable for homes with a more classical feel to them, such as historic properties. Our half round gutters are six inches from back-to-front and three inches deep. Because they can be installed using internal hangers or external hangers, the options are almost endless. They come in 10-foot sections and are available in the same types of colors as our other gutter systems.
Getting Leaf Protection For Your Gutters
One of the challenges that come with maintaining your gutter system is the constant debris that collects in the exposed gutters. You will need to clean this debris out on a regular basis in order to prevent clogs from occurring, which will cause your gutters to overflow, can cause water damage, and can cause your gutters to separate from your home due to the weight.
Instead of risking injury by going up to your gutters to clean them or paying for professional cleaning, we recommend getting leaf protection. The following are a few types of leaf protection you can get for your gutters:
- Micro Mesh – Micro Mesh is made out of surgical grade stainless steel that covers your gutters. It has tiny holes in it that will allow water to come through while blocking debris. It comes with a lifetime no-clog guarantee.
- Leaf Screens – Leaf Screens are steel powder-coated screens with small holes that are designed with spring action for easy installation. They come with a 15-year transferable warranty.
Request a Free Estimate Today
For more information about our gutter systems and our leaf protection systems, be sure to contact us at Quality Gutter Systems today.