Most homeowners want to save money on home repairs and upgrades. While it’s tempting to take the cheaper option, you get what you pay for, and gutters are no exception. Understanding the true cost of gutters will help you make an educated decision about the gutters that you purchase for your home.
The type of gutter material that you select largely dictates the total price of the gutters. There are four primary gutter materials, which are as follows.
- Low end vinyl gutters run about $4 per piece with the nicest vinyl gutters costing around $8 per piece.
- Aluminum gutters range from $6 to $12 per piece.
- Steel gutters are much higher quality than vinyl or aluminum gutters. Low end steel gutters are about $11 per piece with high end running about $33 per piece.
- Copper is the highest quality gutter available. Copper starts around $40 per piece. It’s not unusual to spend more than $100 per piece.
When you purchase new gutters, plan to purchase downspout extensions as well. Extensions keep water runoff as far away from the house as possible, reducing the risk of pooling and flooding.
- Vinyl and aluminum extensions cost $6-$15 each
- steel runs at least $12-$30
- copper costs $90 or more
Depending on the layout of your home, you may also want to purchase splash blocks or drains, flashing, and hangers.
Paying someone to install your new gutters adds to the bottom line. However, hiring a professional gutter contractor ensures that your new gutters are installed properly the first time around, saving you a lot of time and hassle. Typically an experienced contractor will get the job done in about seven hours, which means that you’ll have the whole installation completed in one day. Larger scale projects may take a few days to complete. Make sure to get an accurate upfront estimate from your gutter contractor so there are no surprises.
Big box home improvement stores simply don’t offer the type of products that we carry at Quality Gutter Systems, particularly when it comes to leaf and debris protection.
To learn more about our gutter systems or to set up a consultation, contact Quality Gutter Systems. We offer professional solutions to your gutter system problems.Gutter Systems